Monday, February 14, 2011

The Story



Every Bride has her story of how she got engaged. So I thought I would start this blog off by letting you into my crazy life and my own fairytale adventure. My Fiance's name is Anthony. We have been together (dating) for 5 years. We got engaged Christmas 2009 and I couldn't have been more excited. How it started was....can you guess????? MYSPACE! I know what you are thinking, you are shaking your head in disbelief. Anthony was in the Military (U.S. Navy) and he was coming home on leave. He found me on Myspace, emailed me asking me "How Redding was?" (Redding, CA. is our home town) and from there it sparked an online "GET TO KNOW YOU" Session. It led to talking on the phone for hours and for months.When he finally came home on leave we decided we would meet face to face. I have to say I was really nervous and didn't know what to expect but I DIDN'T EXPECT THE FIREWORKS!

From that moment on it was a lot of him coming home on leave and me visiting San Diego (where he was stationed) then Anthony got orders that he had to go on Deployment to the Middle East. You know how there is a moment in everyones relationship where you just know if you can get through this one bump in the road that you can get through anything?.....WELL DEPLOYMENT WAS OUR MOMENT. After Anthony's 4 year's was up in the Navy he wanted to come home. So he came back home and we moved out together. A very trying part on our relationship due to the fact that we hadn't been together 24/7 before nor had we lived together so we sort of had a lot on our plate. We made it through getting to know eachother ALL OVER again...and here we are planning our October Wedding! When Anthony purposed it was Christmas Day. He had just given me my Pink Better Homes Cookbook that I wanted so deperately and I was just so consumed by looking at all the recipes that I didn't even notice all my family getting their camera's ready. He asked if everyone had another present to open? I, still with my head in the cookbook said "no" but never once looked up from the recipe I was reading.


When I still didn't get another present I decided to finally look up and there he was wanting to talk to me about something. So he sat next to me and described how and when he knew I was the right one (OBVIOUSLY REALLY NERVOUS) and then he got down on one knee and proposed. It was so cute and I was just so shocked and excited. So now you know a little bit more about our history as a couple, you can go along with me on my journey to plan the beginning of our Future.

No comments:

Post a Comment